Upon acceptance of abstract, participant will be notified to begin preparation of the poster and will receive an email with detailed instructions for printing.
- All posters will be printed and displayed on a 30x40 foam core poster board.
- Participant must send a 30x40 PowerPoint, JPEG, OR PNG file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for posters is August 19, 2016.
What is a poster session or pictorial showcase presentation? It consists of two components:
- A visual display of student or faculty research, industry program development and/or evaluation, or educational innovation, and
- Interaction with the audience during an allotted session time.
How to Prepare A Poster
Think of your poster as an illustrated abstract.
- Tell readers why your work matters, what you did, what you found, and what you recommend.
- Overall appearance - your poster should be neat and uncluttered - use white space to help organize sections - balance the placement of text and figures.
- Organization - use headings to help readers find what they are looking for. (objectives, results, conclusions, etc.)
- Minimize text and text size - keep text in blocks of no more than 50-75 words. all text should be large enough to read from 1-2 meters. Title should be larger to attract attention from far away.
- Use color cautiously.
- Include full contact information. You want to be found - the reader should not have to look up anything to find you.
Download one of our poster templates: